Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

So, thanks to Pinterest, I got a genius idea
to make the Truffula trees in this post that was free-a:

truffula_1.jpg



I clicked on the link to find out what she used
Hoping that nothing needed to be fused.
 They were just too darn cute for words!
I went to Home Depot, since I'm such a nerd!
Bought my pipe insulation, duct tape, and wire.
(Home Depot only sells electrical--then things got dire
so J and I had to make a special trip
on over to Michael's. His favorite.) 
But, he was a trooper, dropped me off at the door 
I was in and out quick, with the wire and more!

I then watched the Oscars as I folded away
It suddenly became the most perfect Sunday
I followed her tutorial, which was super breezy!!
Cutting them Martha's way made me uneasy
So I cut them in triangle shapes on the ends
I just couldn't wait to show all of my friends!
I feel like her triangle ends make it look 
more like the Truffula trees from the book!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd, now here is how my glorious trees turned out!!
My kids FREAKED out when they saw these! Oh did they shout!



They're held up with tape so that they would stay
I also tried leaning them in different ways.
All against different things in my room.
Everything looked as if it were in bloom!
The kids loved sitting in the "forest" all week.
I think that I'll call it "Seussical-chic."

It simply wouldn't have been a week full of Seuss,
If I didn't pull out my "Seuss"ed animals, I deduce.
So they're hanging out in the classroom library. :o)
I am so lucky to teach in the grades of primary.


And I pulled my Seuss books out to put on display
for the class to see all week long and read away!
(Now that they read those big, long chapter books,
they forget about these little gems, take a look!!)


And last, but not least... my absolute FAVORITE
as our "Book of the Week"
It's 'specially reserved to read on Friday. 
This week, it happened to be on Seuss' birthday.

All week long we did things that related to Seuss
Some people thought it a bit too profuse.

And on Friday...

One of the sixth grade teachers and I
swapped classes while 20 minutes went by
 and I shared the Lorax with her kids, while she
shared Horton and the egg with my big-kids-to-be.
It was fun reading to the big tall kids and seeing
How they're not so different. Just much bigger beings!!!

To end my week of Seussical silliness, I met
My class at the movies (And I'm not done yet!)
With Justin today, and we all had a blast!
I feel like our week had just flown by so fast!
It was fun to see them all and connect to the book
We just read yesterday, and Gobbledy-gook
Almost half of my twenty-nine kiddos, they came! 
We told Justin he had to learn all of their names!

So...

Did you have a great week? What fun things did you do?
Did you read about Sam, or Thing 1 and Thing 2?
Or perhaps you like Yertle, with his throne big and tall...
The Lorax is my favorite creature of all!
Whatever you did, I'm so sure it was fun!
You all should share now that this week is all done.
So leave me a comment, I promise to read.
I'm just hoping that you didn't knit a fool Thneed!
The Lorax will get for doing something like that,
So instead, go and play with the Cat in the Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment