Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pinterest venture #1 finally blogged!

So, Justin and I were looking for housewarming gifts for his sister and her husband around Christmas, so I looked at her Pinterest boards to see if she had posted anything for the house.  And she had, so I looked to see if there were any tutorials. :o) Now, I found some that kind of explained how to do it, but I'll show you what I did to figure it all out.  Justin was a great sport and helped pick everything out!

So we started with a trip to JoAnn's, where they had the picture frame, stickers, and paper all in one place!
I cut 4x6 pieces with my paper cutter so they'd fit in the frame, and then it was on to stickers!


 I went through my alpha stickers from home, too, because I wanted to use a variety of fonts for the days of the week.

So then I chose which colors of paper I wanted to go where, and started putting on the stickers.
It's important to use the larger fonts for the horizontal pictures, because I learned the hard way.  I also backed the days of the week on plain paper that  glued to the leopard print papers, because they showed up much better!

I loved playing around with it until I got it the way I wanted, and Justin gave his input a few times until it was just right, and his sister loved it! :o)  She sent me a text to show me what it looked like once she hung it up, and it fit just perfect in their new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment